Since its debut in 2017, Impact Hub Lagos has hosted events for Google’s Launch pad Accelerator Africa programme – an effort to help African startups grow, raise funding and create jobs. The partnership between both organisations led to the launch of the first Google Developers Space (GDS) in Africa and this partnership birthed a lot of Ecosystem meetups.
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Duration: NIL
- Budget: NIL
Accelerate 2030 is the largest world Scaling Program.In 2019. Impact Hub Lagos in partnership with UNDP, WSSCC and the Impact Hub Geneva Team aggregated and convened high-impact local startups tackling problems in SDG-6: Clean Water and Sanitation, to participate in the UNDP-powered scale-readiness program. Activities included:
– Outreach/campaign, venture sourcing,
– Diagnostic and the development of Individual scaling plans, mentorship,
– Business coaching, mentorship access to workspace, and curated access to strategic networks and partnerships.
This year’s focus is on the circular economy and our partners are: Mava Foundation, Pfizer, UNDP, Pfizer, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDC, MAVA Foundation and the Boston Consulting Group.
We’ll be offering support in these areas:
- Leadership & Resilience
- Scaling Strategy
- Access to Finance.
- Impact Measurement
- Access to Networks and Partners.
- Location: Lagos and Calabar (Cross-Rivers), Nigeria
- Duration: 8 Months
- Budget: $30,000
Deep Dive Africa is a program that provides early stage-growth stage entrepreneurs with tools, knowledge and resources to close deals and be matched with investors within and outside the continent. It involves investment readiness bootcamps, due diligence process, venture data room activities and deal flow management for businesses.
In 2019, the program was done In partnership with the local Impact Hub in Ghana and GIZ Make-IT in Africa, IHL successfully coordinated a bootcamp for startups which involved financial management, legal and investment readiness training and mentoring sessions backed with an immersive tour aimed at creating local networks to help manage deal flow for first-time investors from Luxemburg, Germany and Israel.
This year,it will be delivered across 4 countries in Africa Ghana, Rwanda, Kenya and Nigeria. Here are some of the expected outcomes from the program
– Increased revenue for the businesses especially female led ones
– Increase in the number of new customers for the businesses
– Profit margins increased for the businesses which translates to increased GDP
– Increase in the number of new employees by the businesses which translates to more jobs and decent work covered.
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Duration: 6 Months
- Budget: €30,500